Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The Joys of Retirement

Its HOT!
And I'm tired of biking.  Besides I seem to have damaged my toe.
So I went off to the North Adams Swimming Lake.
The man at the admissions gate was there to take my three dollars.  "Do you offer a monthly pass?" I ask.  "No, but we do offer a senior citizen pass."

One second later I say, "Well, I just retired.  Do that qualify?"
"From doing what?"
"A teacher."
"That good enough for me."

SCORE:  total cost for the summer 8 dollars.
The beach and the bottom are sandy, the water is clear, it doesn't smell fishy.  You do see fish swimming. For the cost....FIVE STARS!
Jan

4 comments:

  1. trista8:32 PM

    That looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C and V will Love it! Its perfect for them.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. Do I get one of them ‘senior’ passes.....or do I look to young?

    Lew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its on the car window dude......we both have grey hair.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed. Please consider using our links for internet purchases. We earn a commission!