Pages

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Faver-Dykes State Park

Another where to stay problem!  I really don't like KOA type campgrounds.  I greatly prefer finding a state or city park that has an adventure on the side!

What can I find today?  We stop at the Florida Welcome Center where I get some free fresh squeezed OJ.  I ask for a state park campground brochure which the lovely lady behind the counter provides.  As we drive through Jacksonville, I look it over and pick Faver-Dykes as being around where we want to stop for the night.  Its 15 miles beyond St. Augustine.

Another great hit!  Huge sites with water and electric!  A lovely road to bike!  Its warm enough to bike!  Wow!  We set up camp, then get on the bikes and take a ride to the river.  Lovely!
No pictures of the campground...it was too dark when we remembered!

Katz spent another evening exploring the campsite and purring!  She is one happy camper!

2 comments:

  1. Donna3:28 PM

    We really like the St. Augustine area. We have looked at homes in the Palm Coast area near a bike trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some issues with the traffic. I did remember the houses.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed. Please consider using our links for internet purchases. We earn a commission!