Binding is not my favorite part of a quilt project as it turns out. I first tried to bind it a week ago using a machine zig-zag method. It didn't work for me. Some parts were fine but others bunched up and rolled. I spent the evening ripping out that method. I thought I had my problem figured out so I tried it again. Then spent another evening ripping it out again.
Next I tried to hand sew it. I used to LOVE hand sewing.... 30 years ago. Now my eyes water and I can't see what the heck I'm doing. Another evening spent ripping out stitches.
Back to the machine. I tried to machine stitch it from the back like some sites recommended....but that made for a rather crappy looking front. More stitches to rip out.
So I ended up pinning the binding and very slowing machine stitching from the front. I decided I didn't care how off the back was. So yesterday I finished the binding. Here it is from the back. You can see what I machine quilted from the back also.
Today I added the buttonholes at the top. Then Lew put the eyehooks in the window frame.
Next project is a quilt for the cot used by the Grandkids when they visit! Lots of fun up until I bind it.