Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day Eight



We started the day by going on the metro to the Prado Museum where we then caught the On-Off Bus.  This is a system where you ride around town on a double deck bus while an audio track tells you about the sites.  We had some difficulties figuring out where the stop was located.  There was also a rather big fire occuring and the worry of me and having an asthmatic attack.....but all went well and we went round and round Madrid

until we ended up at the Royal Palace.
I really enjoyed my visit to it.  Inside you can't take pictures.
 I loved the Armory Room with its many types of armor.  Adam as a kid, would have LOVED it.

Next we took the bus to a very pretty cathedral called   San Francisco El Grande.
It had just lovely artwork everywhere.  I really felt that St. Matthew was staring right down at me so I even liked the sculptures.

Then it was off to get our museum tickets for tomorrow!  While there, Carole and Dee went to watch a wedding, while Shannon and I hung out and waited until 6 PM  when the Prado had free hours!  Yeh for free.  We covered a bit of the hug building.  Then is was pizza supper and home for the night.  It was a very hot day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed. Please consider using our links for internet purchases. We earn a commission!